Friday, March 1, 2013

Last Day

So I apologize to my readers for not blogging about my workout endeavors for so long now. I have been incredibly busy and honestly, quite lazy with it all.

But just to catch you all up, nothing has changed with our workout. Me and Paula have been doing the "Body of an Action Hero" workout for the past two months. I can say that I have seen a change with my body. Now, mind you one week I had to take off because of the flu, but I do not think that it hindered too much of the work that I put in. My arms, shoulders, back, and my abs are toned more than they have been. I have increased weight in several of the exercises we have been doing (which was my goal). This last week, we were both excited to be done with this workout because it was very constant and we were getting kind of bored with it, but we pushed through.

After speaking with Paula, she pretty much said the same thing about the outcomes of the workout. She has seen more definition in her arms and abs; she has also seen a difference for when she does Body Pump (weight bearing class) and being able to do more push-ups and other exercises with ease. One of the problems that she faced with this workout is that we did not have enough time to do the cardio portion because we had to leave for work. Our weight training took about an hour to do everyday so she would have to come back to do cardio at a later time, which was inconvenient.

Our recommendations for this workout:
  1. Definitely try it!
  2. Use low weight for the first week so you can get a feel of the exercises and so you do not hurt yourself (like I did the first week)
  3. Try to workout in the morning, you will feel great throughout the day, it will increase your metabolism (not by much, but me and Paula were hungry all the time because we worked hard) PLUS you don't have to dread the workout later in the evening. Just get it over with
  4. Keep pushing through the workout as best as you can
  5. Try it for at least two months to see results (ours were not drastic changes, but we can definitely tell and you will too if you stick to it)
  6. For cardio, it is easier for you to do it with the weight training, if at all possible. If not, then try to commit to a class like a Cycling/Spin class to get your cardio in. We know that it is difficult to workout in the morning and then come BACK to do some cardio.
  7. Have fun and enjoy!
Here is the link to the workout that we did if any of you want to try it out. If you do, please let me know how you like it or what you would recommend for other people. Also if there is a workout that you are not sure about that you would like me and Paula to try, we are always up for suggestions.

http://www.today.com/id/37815447/site/todayshow/ns/today-entertainment/t/making-action-hero-body/

For the next two months, Paula and I will be embarking on a new adventure, P90X!
Now even though this workout has been around for awhile, we are going to try it for two solid months (maybe three) and give you our feedback and results.

4 comments: